NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anne Washburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 May 1998 16:42:05 -0400
Thanks to those of you who wrote privately to tell me which Claritin
products are lactose free! (liquid and Redi-tabs) The nurse practitioner
had given us samples of the Redi-tabs but there is no contents listing on
the package and I didn't give it to my son. I stopped looking when I read
that the "regular" Claritin has lactose!

I gave my son one of the Redi-tabs this morning and can't wait to see him
tonight to see if it helped! He has chronic rhinitis from molds, mildew,
and pollen. I also filled the script, since not only are they lactose
free, but they are also gluten free. In fact, there are very few
ingredients in this version of Claritin (but it's still VERY expensive!
Thank goodness for insurance!)

The pharmacists didn't know there was no lactose in the Redi-tabs, either,
so I told them I learned it on the no-milk list on the Internet! (and
confirmed it in the 1998 PDR). So, y'all have helped a lot of folks!

Anne Washburn
North Carolina