NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 10:56:06 -0700
On Fri, 15 Oct 1999 10:43:29 -0600 Laurie Carson <[log in to unmask]>
writes:

>Anyway, Alyssa was food-allergic long before antibiotics.  She's
>only had them (all ear infections) about 6 times in her whole life
>(almost 5yrs).
>No asthma, though.

Same here.  The food allergies appeared almost from birth.  She was
covered in eczema at about 2 weeks and had terrible reflux.  She didn't
have her first ear infection until after her 4 mo check up.  I think she
had 3 or 4 in the first year and only one after that.  She's 2 1/2 now
and no signs of asthma.  She does have bad environmental allergies
though.

My 4 1/2 mo old son seems to have some food sensitivities also and has
never had antibiotics.  However, I had 3 rounds of them for mastitis in
the first 3 months, so he would have gotten some through the breastmilk.
You never can sometimes tell...

Kathy P.