NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:18:33 -0800
On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 09:58:59 EST Myra Spector <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> I'm taking peanut butter and jelly, parve pretzels and matzo
> crackers. I can just see me at the security check!

We flew in October.  For my 2 very food allergic kids, I pack a LOT of
foods.  I have a checked cooler with all sorts of stuff - including
little plastic bags of white powder (mostly rice flour, egg replacer, and
other mixes).  I was sure they were going to give me a hassle about it,
but never even opened it up to look.  I also carry a small collapsable
cooler with food for the plane.  This is quite essential since no
combination of special meals will meet their allergy requirements and it
put us over the limit for carry ons.  Just make sure to only take plactic
utensils :-)

One thing that I did have was a doctors note that I presented everywhere
- with my ID when checking in, with my tickets at security, etc.  I had
my allergist write up a note about the checked cooler and the carry on.
It also explained about the inhaled meds that we carry.  If you have
epi-pens, make sure you have the scrips for those clearly labeled.

It really wasn't that bad.  Just expect that you may have to unpack
things, but if you get upset about it they get more suspicious.
Kathy
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.