NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 1997 09:19:19 -0500
Cherie wrote:

>I'm curious to see who funded this report that calls Colin's life work a
>"joke".Never heard of the journal. I'd like more info. on it also...-

No one funded it. Mary Enig is an international expert on lipid chemistry
and is on the board of PPNF. She writes for their newsletter. You will find
links to many articles that she has written on my page:

  The Paleolithic Diet Page:  http://www.panix.com/~paleodiet/

Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation is a non-profit organization
originally funded by a couple of doctors that are now long dead. You will
find their web page at:

  http://members.aol.com/ppnf/main.html

Weston Price, a dentist, is best known for his 1939 book _Nutrition and
Physical Degeneration_. He traveled the world studying people that were
still eating the diets of their ancestors. He found that poor teeth were
the result of nutritional deficiencies that didn't set in until these
people strayed from their native diets. The hard cover edition of this book
appears to be out of print, but a soft cover will be out shortly.

Francis Pottenger, MD, is best know for his study on cats. He found that
cats fed only raw meat and raw milk over many generations remained healthy.
But if cooked meat or processed milk was substituted then physical
degeneration increased with each generation.

I do not fully agree with the views of this organization. They, and Mary
Enig and Sally Fallon, are very pro-dairy.

Don.