NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 May 1998 21:09:32 -0700
On Mon, 4 May 1998 22:20:35 EDT Kebridan <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> I use to tell my
>pediatrician that I thought regular formula (after I stopped breast
feeding)
>bothered my children and she put them on soy, but I really didn't notice
much
>improvement.  I realize now, that I cannot handle soy either.

It's hard to find an infant formula without corn in it.  I'm so glad that
I went with my gut and didn't try formulas (regular or soy) the times my
pediatrician suggested it.  When she suspected the dairy allergy, the
recommendation was to try soy formula (and pump for a week).  I went to
my allergist and got more information about eliminating dairy from my
diet and what other things to try first.  It was hard work, but worth it.
 It took us about 6 months to find corn once it was introduced into my
daughter's diet.  I'm SOOOOO glad that I didn't try the formulas because
we would have had a big mess on our hands.  As it was, we thought she was
becoming sensitive to the soy milks when I was weaning.  Turned out the
one we were trying at the time had corn it!  All of the other times I
though I'd eaten some trace dairy were most likely due to corn products
too.

Sometimes, I just don't know what to feed her and we have to cut back and
reintroduce things again.  Usually I don't get any good conclusions and
things seem fine again.

Kathy

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]