NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Barbara Pollack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 May 1998 00:32:33 -0400
>Is your frozen dessert mix available in stores or is it still in the
>pre-marketing stage?

Pre-marketing.  I'm now running a beta test of Wise CHOice open to anyone
(previous tests were li ited to peopel on certain mailinglists) as long as
they send me a signed non-disclosure agreement.

If you are interested, email me for info and the NDA--or check out

http://home.inreach.com/dietman/wise_chc.html

Also, I wonder why you have eliminated fruit from
>your diet.

It's part of the reason I'm here.  I restrict all sugar--including
lactose--and any significant amount of fruit sugar seems at least as bad as
table sugar.

It's easy to feel guilty when you "deprive" your child of something the
nutrition propagandists tell us is important.  Sometimes it helps to
remember that most of these foods are available only because of technology
and are probably not that important for health.  Dairy, grains, legumes,
fruit out of season, etc. are relatively recent additions to our diets.
Other than soluble fiber, I can't think of a nutrient in fruit that is not
readily available in vegetables.  And, altough it's late and my memeory
isn't working too well, I believe that the same could be said about milk,
except for the protein and fat which are easily supplied by meat.

I spent far too many years of my life feeling less than well because I
followed rules made by "experts" who decided that one size fits all--and
then proceded to ignore all the evidence to the contrary.  When we each
chose what makes our own bodies function at our best, we are doing what is
right.  When we ignore the needs of our bodies, our lives are diminished
(if not shortened).

Barbara