NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kebridan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 May 1998 22:20:53 EDT
Tori,
Thanks, maybe there is something to this die-off thing.  I had mostly been off
dairy but not completely so maybe my symptoms are not that bad but I do notice
them.  I'll see what this week brings.  I understand what you mean about the
work involved compared to relief from symptoms and that is why it probably
took me this long, along with denial, to go completely dairy free.  But when
you start getting diarrhea every time you eat dairy, well, that will do it!
Actually, I don't miss much of it at all, and I don't find it difficult to
implement. My children, that's another story.

For me there are obvious acute symptoms and chronic symptoms.  Certainly the
acute  symptoms (like diarrhea) abate immediately when I don't consume dairy
but I hope some of the chronic symptoms get better as well.  I also follow a
well balanced diet (no junk, not no fat) with limited sugars and good oils.
Hope all this is the prescription!   Take care, Jane