NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Crystal Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 08:10:34 -0500
When I was small, I had cradle cap (psoriasis) on my scalp, as well.  My
mother used to mix up baby oil and baking soda and rub it into my scalp and
then take a small toothed comb and pick it all out.  Boy did that hurt.
Eventually, as I got older (I'm 38 now) we just left it alone because I
didn't care whether it was there or not.

Now, it flares up in the wintertime and abates somewhat in the summer.  I
think getting out in the sun helps.  BTW, I also have various areas all
over my body that have spots of the stuff on them.  The thing that works
best for me is taking evening primose oil  or borage oil capsules and
getting out in the sun (we have a boat and live in Florida so I am able to
do that often).  I have run out of the capsules from time to time and
within days, my skin starts to erupt again, especially one spot on the side
of my nose.

I also notice that my skin is clearer the longer I avoid dairy and beef.

Crystal