NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Roberta Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 1997 12:58:42 -0500
Thought I'd share something I came up with last night.  I had bought one
of those non-dairy pudding mixes (I can't remember the brand name) a
couple of weeks ago and made the lemon.  It was ok, but not spectacular.
The idea of it, though, made me want pudding.  Having a leftover mango
from a catering job, I decided to make non-dairy mango pudding (I'm sorry
it's not soy free).  Here's what I made.  It only serves about 2-3.

Flesh from one ripe mango
juice from one orange
juice from one lime
5 oz soft or firm low-fat tofu
3 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons date sugar

Toss in a blender and puree.  Pour into serving bowls and chill one
hour.

I was in heaven, hope you'll enjoy it.