NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Karin Dietterich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 14:26:31 -0700
Ann wrote:

> It is also possible that there was some dairy contamination of the soy
> product or a mislabeling problem. My daughter, who is severely milk allergic,
> has had reactions to Rice Dream on a few occasions but is usually fine with
> it.  He could also be reacting to something else he ate earlier in the day.
> It's so hard to pinpoint food reactions.

Since I'm casein-allergic, and enough time has now passed for me to have
experienced symptoms, I'm pretty sure the soy product was dairy free.
I eat a lot of soy products, and know that I'm not allergic to or intolerant
of them.

This morning it dawned on me that there might be lactose in the ibuprofen
he is taking after a nasty fall from his bicycle.  *sigh*  That stuff
shows up EVERYWHERE!

Karin