NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Pearson, Loretta" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 1997 12:42:44 -0800
Max Desorgher wrote:

> Loretta wrote:
>
> What I've learnt is, that for people with food intolerances it is
> often not enough to simply take out one food and think that that will
> solve the problem. You may have to look at your whole eating pattern
> and see what needs to be changed.

I know my diet has not been good! I'm trying to change my eating habits
and eat balanced. It's a complete change for me.

 If you are a compulsive eater, (and
> many of us have been there, I'm sure) that may be a sign that you
> need to look at your whole diet and think about how you are feeding
> your body.

I've been a compulsive eater! (Big time). I'm gaining control over that
problem.

When I eat dairy foods I sometimes break out in hives, have imeadiate
nasal problems (conjestion, and nasal drip leading to caughing). I did
have blood tests at two different allergiest's offices and they both
showed "allergy"? It's hard to get much information from the allergiest
I was seeing. If I'm allergic then I want to live dairy free. If it was
just an intollerance then I'd feel bad when eating out by questing the
foods presented.

I think allergists need to give more information to patients. It's hard
when you're asking, but not getting straight answers. People tell me I'm
nuts about food allergies, then I feel dumb especially if I'm not
confident about the facts.
Loretta