NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 1998 12:57:56 -0400
>Helen,
>
>I am inquiring about the Hershey's situation.  Does this mean they will not
>be manufacturing the dark chocolate with milk?
>
>I wish they would have one or two other products that were made without
>milk.  They could have  a whole line of products without milk.  They would
>make a lot of money.

Sounds like two: the one available on the open market will have milk, the
mail-order one will be dairy-free. When I took their "survey" over the
phone, I strongly requested that they create a dairy-free line of
chocolates. It looks like they have, but are not convinced to use their
commercial marketing channels to distribute these items. Perhaps if the
demand is high enough, they'll consider marketing it to the public. Let's
keep up the advocacy pressure on them.

Mark

Mark Feblowitz                  GTE Laboratories Incorporated
[log in to unmask]              40 Sylvan Road, Waltham, MA 02154-1120