NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sandra Sheeley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 12:51:58 -0800
 Deborah,

My husband said someone told him to soak it in Coca-Cola Classic for 24 hours and it is really good.  Not gamey at all.  I haven't tried this myself yet.

Sandy
  engjrntchr <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I bet this hasn't been posted before. I imagine this might be a new
thought to many of you and I need help with it.

A good friend just went hunting on my family's land and he and his son
both got nice deer. He has prepared some select cuts of meat for us. I
have not prepared venison in years. My mother always soaked it in milk
for 24 hours to take out the "wild" flavor.

Any ideas of what I could use??? I don't think soy and other
alternative milks would do the same thing. I'm thinking I need some
sort of vinegar based marinade. Any ideas?

Deborah