NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Eric Schlesinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Apr 2009 09:58:41 -0400
As a starter take a look at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whey

for some explanation.  I'm sure that others can point you to more
complete, but I think the answer is that protein is one part of whey,
and it can be isolated and removed. What's left is "deproteinized" whey
which can be used for other things.  As far as allergic reactions to it,
I would have no clear idea.

Eric