NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 1997 04:47:06 -0800

> Some have recently bemoaned the absence of Robert Cohen.  As a
> weary veteran of the "Milk Is Poison" wars, I have created your
> own personal FAQ which contains everything of substance ever
> uttered in this dispute.

It seems to me (and probably others) that this last sentence should have
said "uddered".  Anyway, the problem here is not so much the milk, but
probably the lack of digestive fire that a person has, so that the food
is not being completely broken down.  It may have to do with some
adrenal exhaustion resulting in a lowering of stomach acid.  I am
beginning to see some things that would help ameliorate the digestive
problems like building up the abdominal muscles, avoiding "cooling
foods" (Oriental medicine and Ayurveda have concepts on this) especially
in the winter time, getting enough sun, working towards having the
bowels in a healthier working order, etc.  I'm just getting it little by
little. . . Mary Jackson