NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vicki Westlund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 01:40:03 -0500
Congradulations!! Alternative treatments are something to be considered. I
use non-conventional treatments with my autistic child, and brought his soooo
far. We also eliminated the same foods that you did, and then some. I can now
give him most of those, but there are some that still bother him. If you'd
like to compare notes, feel free...
Vicki

<< Subject: allergies

 Kelly,
 We are currently on an elimination diet.  The main "no-s" are: milk, wheat,
 dairy, sugar, preservatives, colorings, corn and citrus.  After 30 days on
 the elimination we will begin the "challenge" part of it where we will
 introduce one type of food at a time and see if there is a reaction.  We are
 doing this for several reasons but the main one is in order to ascertain
 whether my daughter with severe ADD has food allergies which may be causing
 part or all of her problem.  Before anyone blasts me for it, I/we realize
 this is contrary to conventional ADD approaches and that it is
 controversial.  We just feel like in our situation it makes sense to give it
 a try.

 Regarding books, yes, there are several.  Skye Weintraub's Alternative
 Treatments for ADD and Hyperactivity, Doris Sapp (or is it Rapp, I never can
 get it straight!) Is This Your Child are two I rely on heavily.

 Janine,
 Allergy shiners an