NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Miss Robens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 15:03:07 -0400
We have just discovered the following product issues:

· Guittard chocolate chips MAY have small risk of cross contamination with
DAIRY. The chips are made on a dedicated line separate from dairy but there
is a risk since dairy powder is now used in the plant.  There is still NO
risk with peanuts or treenuts.

· Pamela’s Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookies now have a risk of cross
contamination with DAIRY in the chocolate chips they use.  One known
customer has identified a positive dairy reaction after ingestion of these
cookies.

· Imagine Foods Lemon Pudding uses a SOY-based flavoring.

· Nutrition Now Rhino Chewy Vites are now NOT gluten-free. The source of
dextrin is now from a wheat protein.  Other products by this company we
carry are still safe.

· Health Valley Marshmallow Treats have risk of cross contamination with
PEANUTS (we will double check the rice bran crackers).

Please call us if you have any further questions or concerns.

Jay Berger
Miss Roben's
800-891-0083