NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Twogood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 1997 13:26:44 -0800
Robyn Kozierok wrote:.....so we are quite certain that there
> was a milk allergy, although now he has outgrown it!)

Dear Robyn,

Please beware that many of us who study food allergy and practice with
it do not believe that allergy is outgrown. (We might be wrong). Theron
Randolph, who wrote the book, Food Allergy in 1943 with Dr. Rinkell,
called those asymptomatic periods of time "masking." Hans Selye calls it
the period of adaptation---which does not last long.

As I have said before (sorry for the repeat) ear infections and diarrhea
are outgrown, then become breathing problems and bloody noses, that are
outgrown and become learning disorders and vision problems, that are
outgrown and become acne, then headaches, then back pain, then gall
bladder and female problems, then..........Alzheimer's.
                ......if exposure continues.

When symptoms are gone, Randolph says they are masked, Mandell says they
are smouldering beneath the surface, Selye says there is a period of
adaptation (with an end) and Arnold Scwartzennegar (sp) as the
Terminator says it best for allergy...."I'll be back."

Daniel A. Twogood, D.C.