NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Marcotte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 15:34:05 -0400
Juliann -- Thanks for the nursery rhyme remedial course <gg>. So when a
manufacturer includes "whey" in a recipe, it is a liquid they are adding,
not a solid, right? So my problem is with the lactose in that case. I'm
still trying to figure out what else in milk causes a problem. I have
fairly frequently eaten foods with casein and I haven't experienced a
noticeable reaction to it. I use Rice Slices Italian Flavor for my home
made lasagna and pizza. I'm positive that there hasn't been a reaction to
those. I also doubt a sugar, e.g. lactose, would give make me feel ill for
3 days starting the second day after eating the food with the suspected
problem. If I eat something with lactose in it by accident, I get the usual
LI symptoms at about 6 hours after eating the lactose infested product
(what a metaphor!).

I'll have to continue with my research in this area. And I thought I had it
all worked out. It made sense but wasn't good science!

Don

The lumps are Curds