NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mimi Blank <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 21:00:21 EST
Greetings to all; I am new to the list. I tested positive for lactose
intolerance a little over 2 years ago. My doc says lactose intolerance is
usually caused by another disease. My question to you is, what diseases can
cause lactose intolerance besides CD?

My history: When I went on a lactose free diet, my health and
gastrointestinal problems improved dramatically, yet I still had a lesser
degree of gastro intestinal trouble. I was then tentatively diagnosed with
celiac disease (biopsies were questionable, but a lot of other signs pointed
to CD). After strict adherance to the GF diet, 2 years later I have never
really gotten much better. maybe a little... I am having another colonoscopy
in a couple weeks.

I have looked for this issue in the archives to no avail, which surprises me.

thanks for any input; I will summarize. Mimi Blank, Spokane, WA

Meem:)