NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"R. Pellerin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2009 10:25:50 -0500
When I was living in the US, there was at least three different varieties of
soy yoghurt and my son, who is allergic to dairy, ate them all.  Some tasted
better than others and none gave him any problems.  I am not aware of any of
these actually having any milk in them and I think it would be a serious
marketing problem (esp. for vegans or animal activists or for those severely
allergic) if you offered a soy based yoghurt with cultures grown in milk.
If you google online, you will find several pages on how to make homemade
soy yoghurt.  It is much harder to find yoghurt cultures without mik in
them; I looked once in a regular grocery store.  But I am betting that you
might be able to find it at a health food / natural food store or simply
start with a batch of unsweetened unflavoured cultured soy yoghurt.