NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Animal Holocaust ~~ gerry lowry" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 2009 07:42:29 -0400
Hello Vickie ~~ I shared the recipes for exactly the reason you mentioned:

         people with food allergies can benefit from vegan recipes

         people with friends and relatives who are vegan or pseudo vegetarian or eat kosher or halal
         can also benefit from these recipes; even new vegans often search for
         alternatives to traditional holiday fare.

Susan, my spouse, has created recipes that do taste good ~~ if you do not know how
to adapt your recipes so that they will taste good, you'll likely pick up some ideas by trying a few of Susan's recipes.

As for "animal cruelty information", please note that that was only part of my response
to MB <[log in to unmask]> who asked  "Isn't this a milk allergy site...Not
a Vegan site....this is for people with milk allergies.... not people who won't eat or use milk products???????".

She/he obviously had not read the list description at
<http://www.lsoft.com/scripts/wl.exe?SL1=NO-MILK&H=LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG>.

When I first joined the list, Susan did not have her recipes online.  Her recipes site is relatively new.
That's why I posted these absolutely delicious recipes.  Try some and
you'll like them.  The Nanaimo bars are, as "they" say, "to die for".

In all honesty, feeling guilty for eating meat is appropriate.  My regret is that such guilt is not sufficient to bring out your
compassion such that you will take the next step towards cruelty free eating.

It's strange that compassionate people do not wish to recognizethe rights of other sentient creatures.  See this video of a dog
trying to rescue another from a highway in Chile:
 <http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7o8fx_dog-rescues-dog-from-highway-in-chi_news>
{sadly, the rescued dog was apparently already dead}.

Also, there's the heart touching Christian the lion reunion video from the 1970's:  <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr1pWzoLvT8>.

Vickie, it's not myself who's calling names; of that you're obviously well aware.
It's people like Tim T Crowner [log in to unmask], who seems to be
computer illiterate in that he does not know why he's getting e-mails from me, who are doing the name calling.

       Tim:  it's a mailing list.  That's how mailing lists work.  You send an e-mail to the list and it gets distributed.

Personally, it's amazing that people like Tim who provide a home "where men in recovery  work together
to make a safe and secure environment in which to grow and prosper" and "to assure a peaceful, safe recovery"
and claim to be "a supportive voice" can vehmently attack a stranger for sharing some delicious recipes with people
who may enjoy great food as much as myself.  Before people like Tim use terms like "nut job", they need
to deeply examine their own hearts and minds to discover the source of their inner anger that triggers such strong,
emotional outbursts.  Often such anger is a form of denial for the pangs of guilt they've evoked from almost connecting with
the cruelty of their diets.  Such people, I was once one, need to realize that it's not their fault that the were born into
a meat eating culture; they can forgive themselves and change if they want to change.

Such change eliminates an milk related problems.  Such chang is good for their own health.
Such change is wonderful for all sentient creatures.

Regards,
Gerry (Lowry)