NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 13 May 1998 12:59:32 EDT
Dear listmates;
I know that Don has made this request many, many times; I thought I'd add a
plea from the house seats. I think I probably speak for many of us who receive
our list in the digest format: when you quote from a previous post, _please_
use just a short quote!
In digest mode we get our mail as one long message, which means that in an
awful lot of cases we scroll through the _same_ two- or three- paragraph post,
_in its entirety_, over and over again. The threads and discussions on this
list tend to be very current and immediate, with the members of this list
being so good about responding promptly and helpfully to topics, so the
constant references to the original post are not really necessary.
I know this may seem like a small thing, and actually it is - for ALL of us.
It shouldn't be that hard to remember to quote only a couple of lines!  Time
is a  constraint for all of us. The members of this list have never
disappointed me in terms of their concern, sensitivity, and eminent good
sense.  Thanks in advance.
E Rock