NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 12:02:14 EST
About a week or two ago someone posted a cheese sauce recipe. After another
list member tried it and said it was good, I also tried it, with the
variations recommended (reducing the water). I did happen to have dijon
mustard in the house and used that. It was fabulous! I would liken it to
velveeta type cheese. I even tried it spread on bread and broiled in the
toaster oven and it bubbled up and browned nicely just like real cheese. It
wasn't as stringy as real cheese, but by far the best texture of any homemade
or commercial cheese substitute I've ever tried, including my own which I
posted. I'm going to play around with my own recipe previously posted which
is a no-cook recipe and see if I can improve the texture a bit. If it works I
will repost the revision. My own has a very satisfactory flavor, although
different than this new recipe. The new one has wonderful flavor too, but a
different type. Again thanks to whoever posted that yummy recipe and I highly
recommend it to all. Carrie