NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
jj-cupples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 20:53:48 -0600
> Um, check again.  The latest versions of Fleishmans Original in the tub
[as well
> as the stick margarine] both contain whey, according to the labels here in
the
> Northeast US.

Oops, I'm sorry.....I meant to state that the Fleischmans tub "unsalted" and
"light"
are dairy free, soy free, and parve.  You are correct that the regular has
whey & is NOT dairy free.  I've used both the unsalted & light in cooking
(sticks) with no problems, but the sticks are not soy free.  I've not used
the tub for baking myself but will probably work in some recipes.  The
coconut butter sticks have been used by many for a sub when baking.

Janice in TX