NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Suzanne DiPiero <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 07:24:53 -0700
Just a commment on Don's post regarding his doctor:

> as filler. My Doctor
> knew I was LI and still prescribed the medication. I
> finally had to ask him
> because I was reacting to something and the only
> possibility was my meds.
> He said "Oh yeah" and never acknowledged he should
> have known better. I

Last week, I was at my OB, and as she was going
through the list of foods I should be avoiding while
pregnant, such as raw eggs, sushi, soft cheeses, I
stopped her and said I was LI.  She then continued to
list the soft cheeses, as if I'd never said anything
about it.

I was then prescribed a prenatal vitamin which had
lactose as one of the first ingredients!  After that,
they actually read the labels before presribing a new
one for me.

I've also had a GI prescribe meds for me that
contained lactose, when he was trying to treat me for
stomach problems, which originated because I had eaten
foods that contained dairy.

I guess the only ones that can watch out for us are
ourselves.
Sue