NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen Portra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 1997 08:04:25 -0700
Linda - I can't speak for anyone else's experience, but for us this is
how it came on.  Michelle would at first just get a rash around her mouth
when she contacted milk products, then she would cough a little bit and
start to wheeze.  This was when we became more serious about avoiding dairy
and carrying benadryl with us always.  Her first anaphylactic reaction
was at 11 months and we had no idea what was going on, except that we needed
a hospital!  We did give her benadryl on the way to the hospital and this
probably saved her life.  I don't think that allergists can say if your
child is headed for this type of reaction or not.

I hope this helps - Kass