NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Donna Markarian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 15:28:43 -0600
Hi Catrina,

My name is Donna and my son has a genetic disorder that makes milk products
fatal to him.  It's called galactosemia.
We use Silk instead os milk.  It's a soy substitute that doesn't contain
lacttose, galactose or cassein.  Most other products we use are kosher and
labeled 'parve' meaning never having come into cointact with milk products.
The cost of these products is slightly higher that other foods but not much.
The cost of milk free frozen foods, such as Tofotti brands and chees
substitutes is quite a bit higher and are new to the market.  Before last
year there was nothing available in that category.
Good luck on your assignment.