NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
jpreston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 07:49:32 -0500

I share concern that we should all eat as heathily as possible.  In the
real world for some of us, when every day is a possible life threatening
situation, because of even trace amounts of milk or milk protein producing
an anaphylactic reaction, the choices are not as broad.  If this is
something you do not personally deal with, I can understand that you may
believe that we are perhaps not doing enough to ensure good health.

With limited choices of what one can eat safely/dealing with teenagers
strong preferences to be as much like their friends as they can--which is
not always easy (or even desirable from a parent's standpoint!)--we have
been somewhat lenient in areas that we might not otherwise be.  So when my
daughter goes to McDonalds and can only order the fries, I let her order
the fries.

Typically, I would let things like suggestions from someone who hasn't been
there just slide off. But this morning it seemed like worth addressing.

Blessings on you all..