NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
The Holts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 1997 22:31:28 CST
Greetings, listmates!--

I got the following e-mail from my 19-year old brother yesterday. I know you
guys have a huge collective experience with food allergies/reactions and I
thought maybe some of you could throw some light on the subject?  He's had
this kind of reaction before but doctors never found anything... of course
he's never been tested for allergies, altho we've got a history of various
food/inhalant allergies in our family (pollen, milk, wheat, yeast, etc--
only my son and I have actually been tested)-- this particular brother seems
to be sensitive to pollen (but then I thought I was allergic to cats til I
found out it was yeast that was making me sick!) but he seems to feel that
this might be a food reaction (and a scarey one at that). I suggested he
check with an allergist, but do any of you have any experience with
something like what he's describing?

He writes:

>I have a speech to give at 8:00 in the morning but I can't go to sleep
>because I'm feeling really weird again. ****** weird feeling. I tried to
>sleep, but then all of a sudden I didn't feel at all well.  I began to
>tremble and sweat.  My heart picked up the pace and my eyes became
>bloodshot.  My hands started to tremble and I got these weird hot flashes.
>
>In other words, I was having another one of those "uh-oh, here it
>comes---I'm going to die" things.
>
>So now I can't go to sleep for fear of passing on.  I hate it when this
>happens, and it's only happened one other time since I've been in the
>dorms, but I suppose there is no way around it.
>
>I do believe however, that I have pinpointed the cause of these weird
>feelings.  The last time this happened, I had had a dinner consisting of
>food from McDonald's.  This evening I had a dinner consisting of food from
>McDonald's.  The first time it happened, I swore that I would never eat
>fast food again.
>
>A silly thing to say, but for some strange reason, it just doesn't seem
>that silly right now.

Any thoughts?  Thanks-- Jeanne

The Holt Family.                      [log in to unmask]
Brendon, Jeanne, Brason and Braelyn.  Allen, Texas

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/6464/