NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
P & M Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 09:49:12 -0800

I have a pretty open mind about food allergy/intollerance issues.  I don't judge
what works for some.    Personally I am very careful and I wouldn't believe that
something can cure food allergies (as the claim of the article I read on NAET-
which talked about individuals with intolerance not life threatening food
allergies).  Lately on this list there is again discussion on the difference.

It is risky because when a parent with a child with severe food allergies reads a
claim that a method cures food allergies they attempt it falsely think that would
cure allergies they would take a risk of trying food and thus  risk a chance of a
fatal reaction.   Most parents receive no educational information on the dangers
of food allergies from their allergist.   Then when they start reading they are
often misinformed and take huge risks.