NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 1997 07:06:26 -0500
On Sun, 21 Dec 1997, Debbie Benstein wrote:

>Does anyone have any ideas for something similar to the above that I can
>make without the bananas? The closer to something decedant but low
>calorie the better!

Any frozen fruit works...try strawberries, blueberries, pineapple...
also frozen melon, such as honeydew, cantaloupe, etc...

You might even try frozen kiwifruit (remove the skin first, then slice
and freeze the fruit)...kiwi has a taste somewhat like banana and
strawberry combined...

If you want to go exotic, try frozen papaya, frozen mango...being
fairly 'starchy' fruits themselves, they make particular thick
'smoothies'...

Be adventurous and try various combinations, such as honeydew,
strawberry, and pineapple...or mango, pineapple, and orange juice...

If milk is no problem, try adding a tablespoon or so of nonfat milk
powder to thicken the drink and give it a 'milkshake' consistency...

D. June  ;-)