NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Kathy C. Shepard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 May 1998 09:25:56 -0500
Jane,

> Does the rhinitis go away when you stop dairy?

My experience was stuffy nose and phlegm in throat.  When I finally went
dairy free the phlegm and stuffy-ness stopped within days.  Even better,
after about 3 weeks I realized that the sinus headaches that occurred 4
or 5 times a week had disappeared!  That was not expected but a very
welcome benefit.

> ... protein intolerance.

I'm not LI but not medically diagnosed either.  I believe it to be milk
protein allergy and avoid all dairy.  Even wear a med-alert stating
that.

I make pizza at home with pizza dough flour bought at the store.  READ
THE LABEL!  Most have whey in them.  And pizza sauce bought at the
store.  Again, READ THE LABEL!  I use un-cheese that I make myself from
tofu.  It's pretty good.  Try the Uncheese Cookbook or look on the web
for recipe sites.  This list has referred to some no-milk sites.

Good luck.

Kathy

--
SELF_IMAGE

Nobody holds a good opinion of a person who has a low opinion of him or
herself.