NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Margo Mead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 20:38:51 -0800
I am new to the  list and this is my first post. I have a question and I
need an answer ASAP. I have to go get a prescription tonight for my son's
ear infection. He is doing better than my last baby--this is only his
second ear infection in four months. I am trying to stay milk-free and I
think that is helping, but it is hard for me because dairy is my favorite
food group and there are so many things that sneak milk or cheese in as
ingredients! I have slipped a little recently, and that combined with his
recent cold led to this ear infection.

Anyway, my question is, does amoxicillin contain milk? I think I read
somewhere that it is milk-based but I can't remember where I might have
read this to confirm it. If so, are all amoxicillins milk-based, or can I
ask the pharmacist for a non-milk-based amoxicillin? Or would I be better
off waiting until tomorrow and asking my pediatrician to prescribe
something else?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Regards--
Margo Mead
Portland, Oregon

- sent via an evaluation copy of BulkRate (unregistered).