NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 10:21:09 -0800
On Mon, 10 Jan 2000 23:33:16 EST Michelle Macatee <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>  drastic behavior changes only the world thinks I am crazy  to even
> suspect this.I am new to this website and frustrated with the lack  of
support
> and ridicule from my sons school and ex husband

You're not crazy!  We have similar responses to other foods - although
not dairy.  My daughter does not test positive for any of the food
allergies/intolerances we've identified which makes it even harder to
justify.  Our very understanding and knowledgeable allergist does believe
me, however he cautions that I should not let behavior alone rule out a
food.  Likewise, I can't always just say "she's just being 2" either.  I
don't since it always goes along with other symptoms like a red face,
eczema breakout, and loose stools.  The allergist's comments last time we
were there was that she's almost having a "neurotoxin reaction".  There
are so many substances that are released in the blood stream, only one of
which is histamine, that almost any sort of reaction is possible.  Plus
for us things are dosage dependent and the same thing may cause a
reaction one time and not another - just depends on the over all allergy
load (environmental), plus what else she's eaten, if she has an empty
stomach, etc.

Go with your gut.  You are around him more and can catch the changes once
you are tuned in to them.
Kathy P.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.