NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Heidi Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 12:53:26 -0400
As a member of this forum, I've read numerous threads discussing how
parents deal with food allergies in children. Fortunately, I only have to
worry about my OWN lactose intolerance as an adult, but I suspect my nephew
(who has exhibited many of the symptoms described in this newsgroup) may
also be a sufferer of food allergies.

Since I'm "just his aunt" (but I'm the lucky mom of a very healthy
eight-year-old who never struggled with constant ear infections, stomach
problems, and sleep interruptions), I'm reluctant to suggest something as
obvious as food allergies. My nephew is nearly three and still doesn't
sleep through the night because of congestion, asthma, convulsions (only
once or twice), ear infections, brochitis/URIs, stomach problems, etc....

It's hard to watch a small child suffer, but I don't want to come across as
pushy to his parents.

Any tactful suggestions?

Heidi