NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anne Hartridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:33:12 -0700
We hear a lot about Hunter, but, as he's just a few
months younger than my dairy, peanut/treenut, dust
allergic son, I'm generally interested in how Nancy
deals with him and also in the advice everyone has for
her.  When I lie awake at night with my 19 month old
who won't stop tearing holes in his arms and legs b/c
he itches (regardless of Zyrtec, steroid cream, Elidel,
Aquaphor & my best efforts at allergen avoidance), if I
happen to think of Nancy, I console myself with the
thought that there are other people out there dealing
with these issues, whose children have actually gotten
older, that the night won't last forever.

And if my inbox is too full, I hit delete.

I have little confidence in my allergist or our GP, but
don't have a lot of options and don't know where to
turn.  I did some research on eastern medicine and
didn't find anything conclusive enough to jump out of
my expensive health plan and try anything even more
expensive (b/c not covered).  And I wish there were
more Double Rainbow Soy Dream options...