NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Daniel Twogood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 1997 16:57:20 -0800
Joe Ames Sr. wrote:

Ah, an MSG doubter. I love it.

> How do you explain the lack of reaction to high concentrations of naturally
> occurring MSG found in foods such as tomatoes and mushrooms, as well as
> many other foods ?

I've never heard of MSG in tomatoes. It is the salt of glutamic acid that
is the neurotoxin.

> They apparently have no adverse reactions unless they are told that MSG is
> added.

Who are they? I'll tell you about the thousands of patients I've treated.
They consulted me because they had symptoms that did not respond to
conventional medical care. Those that were MSG sensitive were instructed
on how to avoid it, and most times, when they did, their symptoms went
away. We test many of these now asymptomatic patients with a fairly hefty
exposure to MSG (if they insist), either a Top Ramen, or a piece of KFC.
They react. Many of these patients who are released show up many months
later with a sudden onset of symptoms for which they have no explanation.
A diet history reveals an unknown dose of MSG.

These patients are not psychosomatic. They were not aware of their
exposure to MSG.

Now, if I had seen this in practice once or twice, I might doubt MSG
reactions. But I have seen them thousands of times.

 As I understand it, the FDA recently concluded a very long study
regarding
> these reactions, and found no  cause and effect.  All that could be found
> was anecdotal hysteria.

BS.They once defended tobacco too, many years ago. They have their own
agenda, but I don't know what it is. The secretary of health (the guy
with the glasses, I can't remeber his name) has been warned personally by
many, including Russell Blaylock, and he continues to say there is no
cause for alarm. I disagree. There is great cause for alarm. Many
reactions occur without knowledge that it was MSG.

George Bush once threw up on the Japanese Emperor, then passed out after
an Oriental meal. 24 hours later he was Ok and his doctors said it was
the flu---and you know doctors are never wrong. One of the reactions I
have seen many times to MSG is hysteria. Maybe that's what they are
talking about.

> Inquiring minds want to know.

Inquire of the following: "Excitotoxins-The Taste That Kills" by Russell
Blaylock, or "In Bad Taste-The MSG Syndrome" by George Schwartz.

I hate it when people believe the FDA and reports of hysteria.

Eat the damn stuff if you want to. I have no noticeable reaction to MSG
personally, but I avoid it just the same.

Daniel A. Twogood, D.C.