NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 09:49:50 -0400
It's a simple case of reversing positive and negative.

When allergy tests are positive, they indicate that you are allergic.

(A positive test is not such a happy outcome, and thus one might
think that's a "negative" thing).

The tests are statistical, not absolute. Regardless of the outcome of
the tests, the best indicator is you - your reactions to consuming a
particular food. We all have bouts of denial, but if you're
symptomatic, and if you show symptoms much more when you consume
dairy, then the best thing is to remove any form of dairy from your
diet. If you wonder whether you're imagining the connection, you can
try a double-blind food challenge, which is a stronger indication as
to whether the symptoms are linked to the allergy.

Mark