NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lila Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 1997 10:17:48 -0400

<< I looked in William & Martha Sears' _The Baby Book_ (which incidentally
 has a great list of the least and most allergenic foods). Personally I think
 it's the best general childrearing book around, but that's another thread!

Thanks you all so much for the tips on fat.  I forgot to mention that my
little one refuses all meats, he is a vegetarian by choice.  But I guess it
was a good thing as they have now put my disabled son on a low fat vegetarian
diet.  So we are all going to do it now.  Having a child allergic to milk is
a nightmare to me.  I am getting use to it now.  But Jay has stomach problems
anyhow, before he was taken off milk  he had eczema really bad and pooped
over 10 times a day.  He had constant colds and ear infections and was not
thriving.  Now he poops only 3-4 times a day and is healthy and the eczema is
gone.  It appears at certain times.  You know when you accidently fed him
milk product though.  He is so allergic to milk, he could not even drink my
breast milk without throwing it up immedialty.  It has been a chage cooking
potaotos and all without butter.  I love him, so its all worth it.

Now The Sears baby book is the best book ever.  I love all their books.  Jay
is a high needs baby as well and that High Needs child book helped so much
with him, if it wasn't for it I think I'd be insane by now.

Take care all,
Lila