NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 18:05:37 -0600
<<How is dry milk used in peanut butter balls?  If it's being mixed into
the recipe, you might be able to just omit it.  If it's for rolling the
balls in, consider powdered sugar or cocoa powder.>>

Beth, I will give you the recipe and you tell me if I can omit the dry skim
milk.

Peanut butter crunchy or smooth  2/3 cup
Granola 3/4 cup
Skim milk power 1/3 cup ( I think this is to make it easier to roll the
dough into balls)
Brown Sugar 1 tbsp ( like peanut butter needs more sugar)

Mini chocolate chips 1/2 cup
Graham cracker crumbs, Oreo cookie crumbs. Chocolate sprinkles or fine
coconut for coating.

Add the first 5 ingredients and mix well.  Roll into  1 inch balls and coat
with your choice of coating.

That is it.   My kids loved this when we were eating dairy,  instead of the
chocolate chips  I added raisons and nuts.   They loved it.   Do you think I
could add more granola to make up for the skim milk?   Any suggestions would
be helpful

<<If the cottage cheese is being baked as in a cake, then you can probably
treat it as a liquid, but use less of your liquid substitute than you
would of the cottage cheese since the cheese isn't 100% liquid.>>

... it is Tamale Pie   It is a Mexican dish that I just love.  I doubt it is
very healthy with all the corn it contains but it is yummy and a great side
dish at a potluck.   It has cottage cheese in it, and it is baked like a
cake.   Would you like the recipe for that also?  I hate to waste food by
trying something that won't work..

Yes this does help

Marianna
SAHM to Adam 6, Matthew 4 and Kianna 21 months.
Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like clearing the
drive before it has stopped snowing.
http://www.geocities.com/sahminus/me.html