NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jen Snead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 May 2003 18:25:51 -0400
They fed it to her! (I also heard of another family at church whose child
was milk allergic, but was able to have goat's milk.)

This family is extremely lax about their allergies, I guess because they all
have them in one form or another. She told me today (as I was talking about
ds's bumps which showed up again yesterday <sigh>) to not worry about it,
eat anything I wanted, it's no big deal, she has some cream that can be used
on an infant's skin. Her son has major eczema and asthma, as does her eldest
daughter. The third has no allergies thus far, she's in 2nd grade. The 4th
is the milk allergic drinking goat's milk. I asked her if food allergies
could be causing her son's eczema, and she said probably. Why is this not a
big deal for some people? I'm worried to death about ds having food
allergies. Yesterday the telltale bumps popped up again around 5 o'clock.
Had to be from lunch. I made wheat bread and had that at lunch, but also had
some cantaloupe that had been in the frig for a few days. I don't think the
problem was the wheat, since I had that the day before and he looked great
that day and until late yesterday afternoon. Could be yeast, except that
I've been eating salads with vinegar--isn't yeast in vinegar, or am I
mistaken? The cantaloupe is a prime suspect, as I had it about 4 days ago,
and he had bumps after that, too, but there were other suspicious foods in
his diet at the same time.

Jen

---