NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Helen Fernety <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 13:01:27 -0400
Hello fellow No-Milk newsgroup members,

         Non-Dairy:Something to Moo About is in the process of recruiting
additional board members for our up coming 1998/1999 year. Our mission is
to serve as a information clearing house and support organization for
families dealing with dairy-free diets for medical reasons..The majority of
the families we help have children that are allergic to milk proteins. But
we also serve persons requiring dietary therapy to treat Celiac,
galactosemia, Crohn's Disease, lactose intolerance, asthma and eczema. With
the help of our sponsors and Yahoo! we an estimated 4,000 families are
assisted by our monthly internet web magazine (http://non-dairy.org) Our
advisory board oversees the medical and nutritional content of our
publication.  Our board is a nice mix of dedicated individuals with either
medical, business and/or personal interests in helping persons on
dairy-free diets. Members donated time on various committees to help us
research, pin point support needs, provide parenting support, and raise
funds.

We have just recently been granted tax exempt status as a 501(c)(3)
organization. With this important change we have many challenging
opportunities ahead of us this coming year. In order for us to set
realistic goals and achieve them we need more good souls to pitch in and
help out. If you have a talent chances are we can use you. We are looking
for new board members with the following backgrounds background: business,
medical (research, immunology, pediatrics), nutrition, culinary arts, food
science, public health, customer service, food manufacturing, fund raising,
writing, internet programing, kosher supervision and of course parents with
children on dairy-free diets. If you have 1 to 2 hours a month to donate
and the longing to help others please consider joining our board. For more
information and a application please e-mail Gerri Nero, our secretary, at

Helen Fernety
Executive Director
Non-Dairy:Something to Moo About

Non-Dairy: Something to Moo About, Inc.
A non-profit 501(c)(3) support & informational organization that publishes
a monthly web source for families dealing with dairy free diets for medical
reasons.
10425 S.W. 114 Court, Miami, FL 33176 USA
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Phone: 1-305-598-0374   FAX 1-305-598-5476