NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Marcotte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 1997 16:28:25 -0500
> Stearoyl-2-lactylate is ALSO made from Lactic Acid and Fatty Acids.  Lactic
> Acid is sometimes made from whey.

I'm even more curious how one makes lactic acid without milk?

>  Unless we only eat fresh foods that we prepare
> from scratch ourselves.  Which, to tell you the truth,  is what I'm doing
> more and more these days.

I'm a bread fanatic...grew up on the prairies where they grow the grain!
I have a breadmaker and use it 4 or 5 times a week. Other times I buy
french or italian bread. I diligently check the labels but in one case,
a particular bread causes a problem even though it's french bread, and
the ingredients are listed. Perhaps it's one of those wierd names like
L-system (not exact but close). I am now an eater of basic foods. I
almost became despondent when I found that my favourite salami had milk
products in it. Milk has to be one of the most ubiquitous foods. Drat!

Thanks for the feedback.

|\