NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Wentz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 00:21:55 -0600
Rita Doppenberg wrote:

> I have beaten myself up for this error for days. When I
> think what could have happened...Normally Zack vomits the offending food up
> immediately and then goes anaphylactic. I wonder what was different this
> time? I guess I will never know. I have always had a policy that if I cant
> read the ingreds. myself then Zack doesnt get it. But once again I depended
> on the intelligence of others. <sigh>

Rita, guilt will not help you, it will only hurt you and your son.  I
think all of us with allergic children carry a weight on our shoulders
every day that is heavy enough.  Don't add to your burden over this
incident.

We all look for things to make our days easier.  We all try to support
family businesses and still keep our children (and ourselves safe).
Sometimes we miss the mark.  Unfortunately, we are not perfect and
neither is our world.

Grow from the experience.  Reaffirm your commitments and convictions,
and go forward with your head held high and free of guilt.

--
Kathy Wentz                   Childhood should be a journey-
[log in to unmask]                 not a race.  Homeschool