NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tanya Bumgardner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 13:31:20 -0500
> I am curious why you need
> to know specifically if it is allergy or intolerance?  Is it so you
> can judge the reaction times better, or so that you can just avoid
> milk and eat other diary products if possible, or so that you can tell
> what is going on in your body better, or what?

It's a little bit of all of that.  For one, I had been struggling with my
health so long without knowing what was wrong that I would like to know what
is going on in my body better.  I also feel very uneducated about the
subject (my doctor just said stay away from milk. I had know idea that
encompassed so much!).  And I would like to be able to eat some dairy in
moderation if possible.

I think finding out the answer is my way of trying to gain control to make
up for all those years when I felt out of control. Of course, whether I find
an absolute answer or not, I'm very very happy to know what's wrong with me
now.

Thanks for your help,

Tanya