NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 11:59:41 -0600
: Our three-year old has asthma and is also milk and wheat allergic.  =
: Tonight we gave her a Louis Rich reduced-fat frank and within an hour =
: she had an allergic reaction and hives.  The ingredients list did not =
: indicate anything that would cause such a reaction.

Not knowing the exact ingredients list...

One is "natural flavors" or other hidden ingredients which often contain
milk, and probably wheat.  The other is contamination with milk products
in the factory (or in cooking, but if this was at home, probably not...)
If they produce a cheese-stuffed frank or some other such thing on the
same equipment, it can have trace amounts left.

Just a couple of ideas...

Laurie (and Alyssa, 4.75yo, allergic to dairy, eggs, peanuts and walnuts)