NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sherene Silverberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 08:02:38 -0500
On Feb 9, 2007, at 12:11 AM, Molly R Johnson wrote:

> One last thing-- since dairy is out and soy products seem the most
> prevalent
> replacement, can you develop a allergy to soy from consuming to
> much of it?

==============

yes, you can because the protein molecules in both are very similar.
Anyway, you should treat soy with extreme caution as it has
estrogenic effects on the body.

My children and are are celiacs with a casein allergy. I am also
allergic to soy.  Instead of trying to duplicate the foods that we
can't eat, I have set about creating a diet that is natural and
doesn't use fake anything.

the only thing that we eat that resembles milk is almond milk.  My
children have a particular fondness for chocolate almond milk.

Shez