NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elizabeth Lingle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 20:35:48 -0600
Lactic acid actually can be a dairy derivative.  It comes from multiple
sources, and if in question, one should call the 800 number on the packaging
to confirm the source. I have called many times to hear that it was derived
from dairy. Also, anything that has "lac" is most likely dairy-derived.
Again, the manufacturer is the only source to confirm for sure.  I know lots
of you are simply avoiding lactose, and I don't think the ingredients
contain lactose, at least in sufficient quantities to evoke a
lactose-intolerant reaction. My child, however, reacts anaphylactically to
any form of dairy or dairy derivative and we must be obsessive about
confirming the sources of any ingredient that contains the letters "lac".

Just wanted to pass this along in case anyone else was dealing with this
type of sensitivity and may assume that ingredients containing "lac" are
safe.

Elizabeth Lingle