NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cherie Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 1997 00:06:51 -0800
Rachele-Why would humans need the milk of another animal? Why would we need
to switch to cow's milk at "one"? You have not explained this. The dairy
industry made the "one" year recom. when they were forced to because of the
damage of infants receiving cow's milk. Pediatricians are still stumped
when I ask them the best type of milk for a 2 or 3 year old. Cow's milk? No
way-still human milk until WEANING and then the milk need for all mammals
is over. Cow's milk naturally contains alot of saturated fat and
cholesterol-neither of which are essential nutrients in a human diet.

Rache wrote> I have been on this list a long time and try to stay out of
discussions